Not really. Well, maybe.
I’m doing a post soon to thank and acknowledge everyone who has bestowed awards upon me. When other bloggers accept awards, I enjoy reading their “10 things about me” or “answers to 7 questions” usually associated with the awards. I like knowing about people’s quirks, random likes and dislikes, answers to wacky questions, etc. So I decided to write a bunch of stuff about myself in lieu of doing the awards ones.
So here it is, a bunch of random shit about me:
- Whole portobello mushrooms scare me. I’ll eat them, but not if they’re whole. When they’re whole they look like little aliens and they creep me out.
- I’m an only child. People ask me, “What’s it like to be an only child?” I never know how to answer because I have no other frame of reference. All I can say is, it was good. And no, I wasn’t a spoiled brat—my parents made sure of that.
- For some reason I have a fascination with Victorian undergarments. All those corsets and stays and petticoats and stuff. Despite the fact that they were probably extremely uncomfortable.
- I love pistachio ice cream, but I dislike pistachio nuts.
- I detest honey (sorry, bees, I still love you). Just the smell of it makes me queasy and hurts my teeth.
- When I was a kid I played the piano. I haven’t played in years, so it would take me ages to get my chops back. But I’d love to learn how to play the harpsichord and the pipe organ. I’d have to buy a really ornate candelabra for that, though.
- Despite playing piano for many years, I utterly suck at reading music. I literally still have to count the bars on the music to see which note it is: “Okay, that’s one, two bars up, above the bar, so that’s an A.” It’s brutal. For me it’s much easier to play by ear.
- Third and final music-related fact: I’ve composed a jazz tune, although I haven’t actually written it down or arranged it yet. It mysteriously started composing itself in my head when I was about 8 or 9. I have no idea why. It’s nothing I’ve ever heard, and to my knowledge it isn’t a song that already exists. It’s a ragtime-style piece, and over time it wrote itself, adding more passages every so often. The song is finished now, and I can hear the whole thing in my head with all the instruments.
- My elbows are double-jointed. Mr. Weebles finds it alarming. (And sadly, I am double-jointed in no other areas.)
- My favorite curse word is “motherfucker.”
- I cry whenever I watch movies or TV shows where animals are hurt. Even if they’re computer-generated animals. I sobbed my guts out at Godzilla, and I refuse to watch King Kong or Mighty Joe Young.
- Even though I’ve seen every episode eleventeen million times, I still laugh out loud at I Love Lucy, Seinfeld, and The Golden Girls.
- I really love practical jokes, as long as they’re not mean. That’s the one thing I really miss about office life—playing pranks on my coworkers.
So there you have it—random info about Weebs. It feels a little self-absorbed to do this but you know what? It was fun.
But enough about me. Let’s talk about you. What do YOU want to know about me?